Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brotherly Love...

Our little Joshie has an infatuation with his older brother, Nick. Oh, he loves all of his siblings, but Nick holds a special place in his heart. He dresses like Nick, follows Nick around, brags about Nick to his friends ("see that big kid over there? That's my brother Nick. He's awesome!").

This morning while Nick and Joshua were eating breakfast, Nick was reading the back of the cereal box out loud. It was a list of 18 things to do before you turn 18. Joshua sat there listening quietly, I think contemplating the feasibility of completing those tasks in the next 13 years. Most of them were pretty tough. Except for one. He's already got that one checked off.

Nick:
1. Ride the world's biggest rollercoaster.
2. Bungee jump
3. Score the winning goal
4. Win an award
5. Learn an instrument
6. Go backstage at a concert
7. Meet your favorite person..........


Joshua:
I already did. That's you.


:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm reinventing the library right now. Books everywhere, stamping stuff everywhere, muffin stuff all over the kitchen, dinner out defrosting....we are a mess around here today. I just took a break and saw your update. That's what this nutty lifestyle we lead is all about....building a family. I'm so glad they have eachother. Who would have ever known when you found out about this amazing blessing arriving in Germany, during a WAR, that it would be just the perfect thing for you guys...with a perfect big brother to boot! that's so awesome! Enjoy the fruit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that melts my heart!

    How is the couponing going? I am very interested but not sure about it yet....give us an update!

    ReplyDelete