My dear husband has convinced me it's time to get back into shape. Early in the mornings, after Alyson leaves for school, we're walking and running (right now more walking than running, but I have a feeling that's going to change...), then coming home for a little workout of his own design.
It begins with sprints up our driveway. Have you seen our driveway? Let's put it this way: the movers refused to unload our household goods until they could get a truck to drive the rest of the way up the driveway. It is long and STEEP. We sprint up a couple of times, then the real torture begins. We have to do it backwards. Twice. And just about the time I think I might collapse, we have to do these side-shuffle things up. Today, at the end of it all he 'surprised' me with one more backwards sprint! I almost started crying.
Afterwards he lets me get a drink and check on the boys--I try to sneak in a quick nap on the loveseat before he drags me out to the garage.
The weight bench is usually all set up for me by the time I get out there and we have a weight-lifting session, followed by arm raises, done in cadence--he said it's to increase my "mental toughness" after I started whimpering.....
I tried to lift the broom to sweep today but every muscle in my body resisted.....maybe this could work out to my advantage after all.......
Girl, I'd be sending that kind of monster on a deployment. UGHHHH. Doesn't he know if you are tired during the day, then.....
ReplyDeleteOH MY, Walgreens. Wait till I post tonight. It was a Walgreen's dream.
I am exhausted just reading your new exercise routine! My, oh my! But, I will say that it's very special that you two lovebirds are "hurting" together. Hee. Hee. Can't wait to hear how it goes over the next few weeks! =)
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny. Not sure our marriage would survive if Mike ever decided to be my trainer. We had a short go of it once about 4 years ago.....never again. We are in charge of our own work outs now. Thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. Maybe if you are a good little trainee he will get you a cleaning lady.
You are such a hoot...I would never dream of working out with Paul....he would torture me! We ran together once and I HATED it! Good luck!
ReplyDelete