Thankfully, my grown and nearly-grown children all decided to humor me and hunt for eggs with their little brother. To tell the truth, I think they were all secretly glad--more candy and the money in the "special" eggs helped. :)


Grandad taking a break and watching the action
I'm sure there's an egg in there somewhere..........

Success!

Full dinner table
I can't let this weekend go by without acknowledging how blessed we were to be able to be together. Thank you, Mom and Dad G, for coming out to spend a cold, wet day in the rain watching your granddaughter and for putting up with all the noisy craziness that goes on in this family! We loved having you. And thank you to Jarrett for doing some Chapel Hill shopping for us so we can all be sporting the newest in NCAA championship gear! :)
But most of all, I am thankful to my Savior. For what was done for me, a sinner, thousands of years ago. As much as I love my family, the kind of love He has for me is unfathomable. The tomb could not hold Him, the Deceiver has not power over Him. He wants me to know that and rely on Him. Just as He didn't leave Mary waiting and wondering long, He won't leave me waiting. He is ready to intervene with heavenly strength at my very request. I accept Him and I love Him. And I eagerly await what "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2:9)
It was a lovely weekend, wasn't it? Loved your pics! You all look wonderful!
ReplyDelete