Sunday, July 18, 2010

Need Motivation?

My good friend Lori recently wrote about a weight-loss challenge she and her husband came up with. They are trying to lose 15 pounds in 30 days and the winner gets to chose the location for a weekend getaway this winter. What a great way to keep motivated to get healthy!

I need some motivation, too. And I bet some of you out there could use a little! So here is what I am proposing:

30-Day Weight Loss Challenge

Beginning this Wednesday, July 21, I will be starting a 30-day weight loss challenge. For those of you who want to join me, you can lose the weight any way you want, EXCEPT starving yourself. We will all weigh in at the beginning of the challenge and the winner will be decided by total percentage of body weight lost.
Once a week you will weigh yourself and I will let the participants know the standings. Just the percentages, not the weight if you don't want yours published.
I am thinking about starting a separate blog for this if anyone does decide to join me. I will include some workout and fitness tips and ideas, maybe some recipes, and personal thoughts. You will all be able to share your own thoughts/tips in the comments section of the blog.
If you do want to join me, email me at pikle5@aol.com and I will send you the information.

Did I mention there will be a prize for the winner??? :)

2 comments:

  1. Ug, that's like the biggest looser contest I did at church this winter! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you say ug? You look great!
    And we're all off to a good start.....

    ReplyDelete