Wednesday, July 7, 2010

On Their Own

On Monday Jarrett and Alyson took the Metro into DC to do some sight-seeing. They hadn't seen much of each other since Jarrett got here (Alyson was at camp--pictures below) and he had to go back to North Carolina on Tuesday. They had a good time--visited some of their old favorites and got to check out the Library of Congress, which neither of them had visited before. They had hoped to go to the National Archives, but the line was waayyyyy long. Here's their day in pictures:


Library of Congress:



Contemplating:

Although we consider the Smithsonian Museum of American History to be a big disappointment (they display so little of what they have in their archives) no trip to DC is complete without a stop there to say hello to C3-PO.

The price of fashion:
Time to come home.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I LOVE these brother-sister pics! Adorable!!Reminds me of a trip my brother and I took to Colorado, just the two of us, before I was married. Special memories! And, the Library of Congress is on my list for this year. The pictures are fantastic. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I don't think I could have ever done any trip like that with my brother without arguing for sure. Although I am the oldest so maybe it's a different dynamic. I have heard about the Am. History museum. That it was a big disappointment when they reopened. I heard they also took away all the 1st Lady's dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!!!! looking at Alyson's shoe pic just remonded me that it WASN'T you that posted abut them, it was PIONEER WOMAN. HAve yu heard of her? Oh well.

    ReplyDelete