Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This is 16

We had a great time at the movies yesterday--why did I tear up AGAIN when those darn animated toys grasped hands?? Thankfully this time we had the 3-D glasses to hide my watery eyes.

After the movies we came home and had Nick's favorite dinner (lasagna) and opened presents.

Joshua, Alyson, and I headed off to VBS while the other boys stayed home and played with the new toys. And after VBS we had cake! Nick has had the dream of moving to Alaska for awhile (as has Dave--a duty station that I've so far avoided...) so we decided to compromise and had basked alaska for his birthday cake! I'd never made it before and I thought it would be harder--it wasn't very hard at all--just time consuming. Apparently my plan backfired, though, because while we were eating he informed us that he's moving to Alaska "in 2 years."


Delicious!

Happy Birthday, Nick!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Amazing cake! I'm with Nick....let's go to Alaska! Fishing, skiing, hunting, snowboards, Northern Lights! Total fun. I hope the solider that got the command at the Cold WEather test center enjoys it for me! Maybe next go around we can go to Alaska and trade our swimsuits for snow suits! I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet. Heard it a toughie for a mom to get through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic cake! You are the best mom!!! I love all the pictures too. Looks like Nick had a wonderful 16th birthday!!

    ReplyDelete