Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Reptile Repose

I am sorry to announce that two of the 4 possibly-viable eggs we were incubating have collapsed and the last two are not far behind. Everything we read said that bearded dragon eggs were very difficult to keep but we figured it was worth a shot. These 4 made it about halfway through gestation.
Yesterday we cut open the two eggs that collapsed and saw teeny tiny little dragons inside-complete with tails. It was a neat testament to God's creation and a sad thing to see as well.

So we are left with one female dragon. I think we may all be ready to move on to something new around here and I'll be listing her on the pet exchange shortly....

1 comment:

  1. I do think it is cool how our pets can inspire awe for God's creation in us. Sabrina's fish is one of those things that just sits around the house ya know getting neglected, but every once in a while I just sit and watch it swim. It really just makes me so thankful for God's beautiful creation. It is pretty amazing when you get up close and see all the tiny scales and the teeny tiny eyes, and it moves through the water so gracefully.

    ReplyDelete